I love to make things people don’t usually cook at home. Pizza is an example of that. I have tried a few different resipies for pizza dough and so fare this is my favorit. Here is a few tips for actually cooking your pizza.
First you need to do your self a favore and get a pizza stone. You put it in the oven and set your oven to the highest temperature you can. Next you will want a pizza peal. If you want to only buy one then get a wooden one. The pizza sticks less to the wood so it will slide off easier. Now if you want to go all out get 2 and the second is for getting it out of the stove and this one is a thin metal one. Lastly you may want to make a 50/50 mix of flour and corn meal with a dash or garlic and onion powder in to to put down on the pizza peal to help the pizza slide off of it better and it just taste good!
kitchenaid pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups water warm
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 4 Cups Bread Flour
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- To a small bowl, add the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir yeast mixture until well blended and sugar is dissolved. Let yeast bloom for at least 5 minutes.
- While yeast is blooming, add 4 Cups Bread Flour, Salt, and Garlic Powder to a large mixing bowl. Stir together dry ingredients until blended. Salt and spices to taste.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Add Olive Oil
- Mix everything on slow speed until a dough ball is formed (usually 1-2 minutes)
- Turn mixer up to a higher speed and mix dough for additional 5-8 minutes or until a smooth dough ball is formed.
- Take dough out of mixing bowl, spray mixing bowl with non-stick olive oil or use real olive oil.
- Form dough into a tight ball and place into mixing bowl. Coat outside of dough ball with olive oil to prevent a skin from forming on the ball.
- Cover mixing bowl with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rise until double in size. (usually 1 hour)
- After dough has doubled in size, punch the dough down, cover it once and optionally let it rise a 2nd time.
- After the 2nd rising, your pizza dough is ready to be used to make pizza crust. Enjoy!!!